When it comes to achieving overall cleanliness, oftentimes, people look at it on a surface level. However, dirt and grime can still penetrate multiple surfaces, most especially your carpets.
Why Do You Need Regular Office Carpet Cleaning?
Since carpets are designed to absorb substances in a way that isn’t noticeable, people tend to overlook how much dirt, dust, and spillage carpets collect over time. As such, people don’t find the need to clean it.
When carpets are left unattended, the bacteria will fester. This can cause allergies and possibly trigger health conditions, which will affect your employees’ overall productivity. For this reason, it’s important to keep your office carpets impeccably clean.
Other reasons why you should take advantage of office carpet cleaning services include the following:
- They extend the life of your carpets: Cleaning the carpets removes germs, mites, and other particles that may destroy the fabric of your carpets. Having them regularly cleaned allows your carpets to maintain their original appearance and quality for a long period of time.
- They improve the office air quality: Aside from spillage, carpets also collect airborne pollutants. By cleaning them regularly, you avoid the build-up of allergens and other harmful particles. As a result, you create a more sterile and hygienic environment where you and your employees can breathe fresher and cleaner air.
- They enhance the look of your office: Because carpets encompass large floor space, they are one of the first things that people notice when they enter your office. Dirty spots can stand out and ruin the overall office aesthetic. To prevent this, you need to hire professional office carpet cleaners to ensure that your carpets are spick and span.
How does Office Carpet Cleaning Work?
Every office carpet is different. They’re made of different materials, and they come in different sizes. As such, carpet cleaning companies offer a variety of services that cater to diverse office carpet requirements.
Before carpet cleaners commence their work, they need to conduct a thorough inspection to obtain the following information:
- Type of carpet – They ask the question: what is the carpet made of? Understanding the difference allows them to provide efficient solutions. They need to evaluate which methods work best to accommodate their carpet type because treating natural wool is different from treating synthetic fibre.
- Condition of the carpet – After they’ve distinguished the material of the carpets, they move on to assessing the condition. How damaged is the carpet? Which areas should they focus on? In doing so, they can provide a more customized approach to treat problem areas more effectively.
- Client Specification – Before they get started, they will discuss with you and discuss the next steps. They should lay down the plans and get your insights on specific requirements you want to be done.
What are the Methods Employed by Office Carpet Cleaning Company?
Professional carpet cleaning services make use of different methods in cleaning office carpets. One of the more popular treatments is using hot water extraction or steam cleaning. With an extraction machine, they spray a pre-mixed chemical formula directly onto the carpet. By setting it under high pressure, the spray washes away trapped particles within the carpet’s grooves and crevices. These particles are then extracted using powerful suction. As a result, hot water extraction works to effectively deep clean your carpets as well as disinfect and deodorize them.
Aside from steam cleaning, they also employ other methods such as encapsulation cleaning, dry cleaning, foam and shampoo cleaning. Other methods include carpet colour restoration and carpet protection. Reliable office carpet cleaners understand the various cleaning methods and when to apply them.
Helpful Tips to Keep Your Carpets Clean
To ensure that your carpets are given the best care possible, be sure to set an appointment for professional carpet cleaning at least twice a year. However, depending on the foot traffic and the condition of your carpets, the frequency of cleaning may vary.
Besides scheduling regular professional cleaning, you can also place area rugs in your office’s entrance and exit points to keep your carpets clean. As high-traffic areas, they tend to get easily battered more than the other parts of your carpet. Placing an area rug will cushion the effect, and it will give passers-by to wipe off any excess dirt from their soles.
In instances of accidental spillage, avoid pouring water into the affected area. Rather than cleaning it off, water spreads the stain to more areas of the carpet. Water also allows the carpet to absorb the stain deeper into the fabric, making it more difficult to remove. A more effective solution is to use baking soda mixed with vinegar.
Experts recommend that you apply high-quality fibre stain repellent to protect your carpets after a session of professional deep cleaning to avoid future accidents.
How do you find the Best Office Carpet Cleaning Services?
Before hiring a prospective carpet cleaning company for your office, you need to consider their company’s reputation, expertise and customer service.
In addition, you should inquire about the detergents and the equipment that they use. Since deep cleaning often uses chemicals, it’s imperative that you ensure their solutions are safe for your health and the environment. Companies that use 100% safe, eco-friendly carpet cleaning solutions and guarantee effective results should be at the top of your list.
Lastly, the best office carpet cleaning service recognizes client feedback. Aside from providing customized methods, they should also provide warranties. If for some reason, you are unhappy with the service, they should perform another clean to ensure client satisfaction.